The next five top prospects from the class of 2018. Listings not necessarily in order as ITHMA will rank the top 50 prospects for 2018 once we have completed our list.
1) Jay Symonds – TE / DE – BB&N – This 6’4″ and 245 pound tight end is a big body and plays physically on both sides of the ball. A highly productive player in the ISL he displays good athleticism in the passing game and has received interest from BC, U Conn, Rutgers, UCF, Harvard, Princeton, Dartmouth, U Penn and Holy Cross. Look for offers to roll in over the next few months.
2) Mike Yarin – QB / S – St. John’s Prep – Yarin stands 6’1″ and 180 pounds and has already committed to U Conn to play baseball. A terrific all around athlete he played on both offense and defense last season and was utilized all over the field. Despite his commitment to U Conn, Yarin has indicated that he is open to being recruited for football and with his play this season he will likely attract interest from schools.
3) John Grady – QB / OLB – Newton North High School – Grady is another terrific athlete playing football, hockey and baseball all at the varsity level. Standing 6’1″ and 215 pounds he has arguably the strongest arm in the 2018 quarterback class. Grady has received interest from Boston College and will likely hear from more schools in coming months.
4) Jake Bobo – WR / FS – Belmont Hill – A big target at 6’4″ and 185 pounds Bobo routinely out jumps defensive backs to make plays and has excellent hands. Another terrific athlete Bobo also plays basketball and lacrosse. Bobo has received offers from BC, Wake Forest, Dartmouth, URI, Elon and is receiving interest from Duke, Stanford, U Conn, UNC. Look for his next offers to come from U Conn or Duke.
5) Isaiah Likely – WR / LB – Malden High School – Another big WR target Likely is 6’2″ and 180 pounds and runs a reported 4.6 forty yard dash. A physical athlete Likely plays well on both offense and defense and if he adds size to his frame he could project as a defensive prospect. After a productive junior season look for Likely to pick up interest from local schools.