Here are the next five class of 2019 Massachusetts HS prospects to keep an eye on over the next two seasons. As always, these are not listed in any particular order as we will rank the 2019 class at some point in the future.
- Jaden Dottin – Arlington HS – WR / FS – A dynamic wide receiver that stands 6’3″ and 185 pounds, Dottin has a big frame but will need to bulk up to play well at the next level. Dottin catches the ball well with excellent hands which allows him to catch the ball away from his body. Dottin has the size and receiving ability to be highly productive and it is likely we will see improvement getting off the line and running crisp routes. He is also a very good basketball player. Dottin has received football interest from schools and he has unofficially visited Boston College and the University of Washington. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW10lq2-6lg&app=desktop
- Jake Wilcox – Everett HS – QB – Wilcox reportedly stands 6’1″ and 170 pounds and he started at QB for Everett as a freshman (while QB Jordan McAfee was sidelined) which in itself is no small feat. Wilcox is set to take over the full-time starting job next year and with his experience having started as a freshman he will continue to build towards a break out junior year. With the talent Everett has returning at the skill positions next season, Wilcox and Everett could be a team to be reckoned with. http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3651378/5829e6f6bd75201f948c5add
- Will Welch – Nobles & Greenough – LB / RB – A solid, hard-hitting linebacker who anchors the Bulldog defense. At 6’1” and 210 pounds, Welch plays an aggressive, physical style which is complimented well with his high energy level of play. If his run gap and pass coverage development continues, Welch will draw interest from schools. http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5410946/5834ce295b3cd925e88875ec
- Jaylen Bailey – Belmont Hill – LB/RB – Bailey is a great athlete playing OLB for Belmont Hill as he provides pressure and coverage off the edge. Bailey stands 5’11” and 180 pounds so he could play LB at the next level if he continues to get physically bigger or could be transitioned to safety. Bailey should receive football interest over the next few years but his future could ultimately be on the baseball diamond where he is one of the top class of 2019 players. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4331688/devaun-ford
- Devaun Ford – Mashpee – WR/RB/DB – Ford is lightning in a bottle for Mashpee as he frequently creates big plays that have helped lead Mashpee all the way to the Super Bowl this season. Standing 5’11” and 175 pounds Ford is a very good athlete as he also played basketball as a freshman. Ford will be a player to keep an eye on over the next few years.