Ranking the top ten high school football prospects in Massachusetts for the class of 2018 based on this season’s performance, the college recruiting process and having watched many play in games this season.
- Finn Dirstine – T / G – Acton-Boxborough HS, Lawrence Academy – Dirstine is a 6’5″ and 320 pound offensive lineman who runs a 4.8 forty yard dash. Already offered by Miami, Boston College, Illinois, Syracuse and U Mass. He also recently visited Notre Dame and Alabama. As an offensive lineman at Lawrence Academy, Dirstine has played an important part in Michigan bound RB AJ Dillon racking up thousands of yards rushing. http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4524227/580a51d45caa592534e8fb77
- Pat Freiermuth – TE / DE – Pentucket HS, Brooks School – This 6’6″ and 240 pound TE / DE is a verbal commit to Penn State after receiving offers from Boston College, Duke, Rutgers and many others. At Pentucket HS Freiermuth displayed his athletic skills by playing quarterback before moving over to the TE position. A skilled pass catcher with size he could have a major impact at a Big Ten program like Penn State. Update: Was offered by LSU on 11/29/16.http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6035099/57fa633a7bddf81ce02b5e6a
- Jake Bobo – WR / FS – Belmont Hill – A big target at 6’4″ and 185 pounds, Bobo routinely out jumps defensive backs to make plays and has excellent hands. Another terrific athlete Bobo also plays basketball and lacrosse. Bobo has received offers from Duke, BC, Wake Forest, Dartmouth, URI, Elon and is receiving interest from Stanford, U Conn and UNC. Look for his next offers to come from U Conn or UNC.http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4458131/58082412842eb282b85adb3b
- Ryan Betro– Walpole HS / Lawrence Academy – DT / OL – A force on the defensive line Betro stands 6’4″ and 285 pounds. An aggressive and disruptive defensive lineman he has the speed to play inside or on the edge and can can also act as a pulling guard on the offensive line. He has been offered by Sacred Heart and has received interest from Boston College and will very likely hear from other FCS and FBS schools. Update: Also received interest from Delaware, Coastal Carolina, Yale and URI.
- Jay Symonds – TE / DE – BB&N – This 6’4″ and 245 pound tight end is a big body and plays physically on both sides of the ball. A highly productive player in the ISL he displays good athleticism in the passing game and has received interest from BC, Duke, U Conn, Rutgers, UCF, Harvard, Princeton, Dartmouth, U Penn and Holy Cross. Look for FCS and FBS offers to roll in over the next few months. Recently visited Harvard.http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3204331/jay-symonds
- Danny Abraham – RB – Boston College High School – Abraham is a 5’11” and 185 pound running back who runs a reported 4.5 forty yard dash. Playing against top competition in Massachusetts all season long, Abraham has shown he can produce at the highest level. He currently holds an offer from Boston College with interest from Duke, Stanford, Virginia, Harvard and others. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6340522/highlights
- Bryce Shaw – Bridgewater-Raynham – MLB/FB – Shaw stands 6’1″ and 205 pounds leads the trojans on defense after playing a brutal schedule against some of the top teams in the state. Shaw is productive playing in a three back run system but really excels on the defensive side of the ball as a stay at home linebacker that fills gaps and makes plays. He often uses his quick first step to stuff the run or pressure the quarterback. Shaw has had interest from Duke and Navy with more schools likely interested after a very solid all-around junior season. http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6374146/580d40cd11fa7f32f85756bb
- John Grady – QB / OLB – Newton North High School – Grady is a terrific all around athlete playing football, hockey and baseball all at the varsity level and we have him as the top overall quarterback in the 2018 class. Standing 6’1″ and 215 pounds he has arguably the strongest arm in the 2018 quarterback class and can also take off and run the ball with great success. Grady has received interest from Boston College and will likely hear from more schools in the coming months.http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6224161/57fa67b63bd81463c47641ef
- Mike Yarin – QB / S – St. John’s Prep – Yarin stands 6’1″ and 180 pounds and has already committed to U Conn to play baseball. Another terrific all around athlete he played on both offense and defense last season and was utilized all over the field. Despite his commitment to U Conn, Yarin has indicated that he is open to being recruited for football and with his play this season he will likely attract interest from schools. Yarin displays great charisma and leadership from the quarterback position and this bodes well for SJP next season.http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5434658/580382883bd81479c8d73fa1
- Zach Banks – Cushing / Salisbury – LB – A solid 6’2” and 225 pound linebacker who reclassed from the 2017 class after Cushing disbanded their football program. Banks is a good cover linebacker and finds himself near the ball and has a good field presence. Banks has received interest from Boston College, Rutgers, Yale, Pittsburgh and Syracuse.http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3274016/57fead065caa5822dc93a142
- Hunter Gorgas – St. John’s Shrewsbury HS – TE / DE – A big target at 6’5″ and 245 pounds, Gorgas lines up as a traditional tight end and also as a wide receiver as he has excellent hands. Also plays defense and has received interest from Boston College and Maryland. http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5331857/583f803cdfd8b91c580da9ce
- Isaiah Likely – WR / LB – Malden / Everett High School – Another big WR target Likely is 6’2″ and 180 pounds and runs a reported 4.6 forty yard dash. A physical athlete Likely plays well on both offense and defense and if he adds size to his frame he could project as a big receiving target or also defensive prospect. After a productive junior season look for Likely to pick up interest from local schools. Update: Likely will play for Everett next year and could have a big season with the defending State Champions. http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6759075/583ced805b3cb006587f33d1
- Cedric Gillette – Andover HS – WR / CB – Filling in nicely at WR for Brown commit Dan Gemmel, Gillette standing at 6’1” and 172 pounds has become EJ Perry’s top receiving target in the high powered Andover offense. A good athlete who plays baseball, Gillette has also contributed on defense from the cornerback position. http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4236874/583751bb5b3cd8245000841b
- Chad Peterson – North Attleboro – QB – At 6’2” and 195 pounds Peterson is an athletic quarterback who throws well and makes smart decisions to move the ball downfield. Also a very good basketball player he is a good leader on both the football field and on the hardwood. With Peterson’s arm and his overall athletic skill set he should receive interest from schools. http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4013050/583b8e9ac124d826f893c510
- Domenic DePaoli – LT – Xaverian Brothers HS – Following in the footsteps of other physical XBHS linemen, DePaoli stands large at 6’3″ and 270 pounds. Playing on the line with Dartmouth bound OL Jake Guidone and Brown bound TE/DE Cal Flanders, DePaoli consistently opens running holes for Bentley bound RB Devon Piccinin. With so many of his current teammates receiving college offers it is very likely DePaoli will draw significant interest as well. http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5037880/5846fbf7b534592fb837e026